Thursday, November 28, 2013

"Thanks" Giving!

It is disconcerting to realize the holidays are upon us already.  Today I will be gathering 'round the Thanksgiving table at my brother-in-law's home with the rest of the Schurman clan.  This holiday season will be difficult to endure without Larry, but he is with me in spirit and in my heart.  Yesterday I put the Christmas tree up, and some of the other decorations.  Now, I can understand why some single people don't bother with the process.  I did debate whether or not the effort was worth it, but I knew Larry would be disappointed if there was no "Christmas" in the house.  Today is my day of giving thanks....thanks for the support of my family and friends throughout the past several months.  Thanks for the love of my family, without whom I couldn't have endured Larry's passing. Thanksgiving thoughts are the kind of thoughts that we should have all year long.   It is a time for kindness to those I hold dear.  Friendship and love of family bring a special joy and pleasure.  So...may the blessings of this day fill all I know with the Thanksgiving peace that lasts the whole year through!



No comments: