Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Feeling Self-Reliant

Jobs and chores are gettin' done; don't know if everything accomplished is the right way, but it's my way!  With Larry gone, I have come to realize all the "crappy jobs" he did for the two of us.  For example, a couple of days ago when the weather was still nice, I trucked the Christmas boxes down from the attic and dug out the outdoor Christmas lighting.  With the big ladder, I managed to hang the lights up on our front porch as well as the backyard deck.  Looks good even if I do say so myself.  Didn't know if I would be feeling the Christmas spirit, but putting up the lights helped.
Next job on the list was hours spent on the phone to the Social Security office.  Everyone that knows me, knows that I positively hate to spend time on the phone.  What with the Obama health care fiasco, it took me three hours of phoning to get through to the Social Security people.  Busy, busy lines.  I had to "apply" for Larry's SS benefits which I didn't realize.  That's why no Soc. Sec. checks arrived the last three months.
Then came the insurance changes which needed to be taken care of due to the addition of my new Mazda.  What in the hell is a VIN number?  And why does anyone need it???
Today, I traveled by truck to Germantown's Topshop Auctions to pick up an item that I had the winning bid on; trouble was, it didn't fit on the truck well, so I trucked back home for the flatbed trailer.  The guys here hooked it up, and then I made my way back to G'town for the cooler.  Slowly, but surely I hauled the loaded trailer home and actually (quite efficiently, I think!) backed it into our driveway.  Now I have to wait for the boys to unloaded it, sometime in this century, I hope!
After all this, I feel I deserve a martini tonight!  Don't you all agree????

No comments: