Monday, September 9, 2013

An Ending...A Beginning

Today is different than all other days that came before.  Today I am on my own.  Today I realize that my status has changed from "married" to "widowed".  During Larry's last few weeks, I have been surrounded by the love and support of family and friends.  Never have I ever been so well-taken care of--- realio trulio pampered.  But now, the house is so very quiet; Max has been like glue all morning long.  He misses Larry, too.  Life goes on.  You put one foot in front of the other and proceed slowly but surely.  Errands need to be run, laundry awaits, followed by the mundane routine of everyday life. Larry had prepared me well, making sure I knew the day-to-day operation of "his stuff"--knowing what kind of oil is needed in the weed-eater, what chemicals to put in the hot tub, how to start the difficult blower, and the list goes on.  The love and support has not disappeared; it's there if I need a lifeline thrown to me.  I shall take life one day at a time. I will survive.

No comments: