Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Springtime

During the last two months, much has happened in my life.  Early March I traveled by car to Florida.  It wasn't an easy decision for me since I would be making the trip by myself.  Being a nervous Nellie, I felt it was something I had to accomplish on my own.  AND, it all went well--no major mishaps or wrong turns or crashes! I had a short visit with Jan and Lee before dropping down into the Keys.  During my month's stay, I did have family members and local friends visited throughout March/April.  I missed Larry's presence a great deal and was reminded of all the things we did together in Marathon.  This trip marked ten years of wintering in the Keys; imagine, one decade of sun 'n fun!
I arrived home last Thursday and saw how far along the "shed" was--it is under roof, windows in, and patio poured.  I made the choices yesterday for the counter tops, the fireplace, and the flooring.   Now I need to choose the lighting and the fans today.  It is quite exciting to build--something Larry and I never did before.  Hope he is approving my choices and is guiding my way!

No comments: