Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Takin' On Winter

Yesterday I earned an "Atta Girl" badge.  With the cold weather lurking about, I needed to take care of some outside duties.  Some things were a "no-brainer", such as trimming back the roses and clematis plants.  I took apart the hammock and tucked it away until next spring, but the worst was moving my two-ton outdoor potted plants inside before the frost landed.  The boys are so busy, and I did so want to not bother anyone else.  I figured that if the Egyptians could move huge stones for their pyramids, I could somehow manage to tackle the plant problem.  Thinking outside the box was needed.  I made an incline into the house by using my five-foot plastic-coated craft table and shoved and maneuvered the monsters on the incline and sorta dropped them onto their rollered plant stands.  It worked!  Out of four plants, only one tipped over, which I thought was great.  Today, I tackle the acorn-loaded front gutters.  Wish me luck!

No comments: