Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A "THANKS" giving Day

When I was much younger, I took so many things for granted.  As I grow much older, well, things take on a whole new perspective.  There is much in my life I am grateful for ...the sad situation is that Thanksgiving Day seems to be the one time where I give voice to them.
I am grateful for....
--forty-two years of happily wedded bliss.
--Larry's chemo  working its magic.
--waking up each morning feeling happy and healthy.
--the companionship of my hubby, the one who shares my life.
--my morning kiss.
--Max, our dog, who loves me unconditionally.
--Larry's little "pat" on my butt, his way of saying "I love you."
--our family, two healthy boys and a daughter-in-law who all grew up well!
--our three grandkids who make me smile.
--the support of family and friends during Larry's cancer treatment.
--having a home, food on the table, and people to share it with.
--all the wonderful places we been and sites we've seen over the years.
--enjoying the simple pleasures like sitting around a campfire, roasting a hotdog in Vandalia.
--having a "completed" Bucket List and being able to work on a new one!
--having the ability to share with those less fortunate.
--reaching that stage of my life where money means less and love means more.

The list could go on and on...  Just know this:  I'll try not to ever take life and love for granted!  Cultivating an "attitude of gratitude" is my goal.

No comments: