Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Starting Over

A new beginning, a second chance, a do-over...that's what January 1 signals to me.  Taking a look back, we can embrace the good and ditch the bad.  Most of us make New Year's resolutions, hoping to God we keep 'em.  Going smokeless, loosing weight, exercising more are always at the top of my list. That shows you how well I do with my resolutions!  But, I'm not naive; I realize it's hard and I start out strong.  In the end, I loose ground and prepare to renew my resolutions in the next New Year.  One can only hope, can't we?  Everyone deserves second chances.  'Tis better to try than not.  This year, though, I'm trying more meaningful resolutions in the hopes they will be more attainable and enriching to those in my life.  At least once, give a stranger a smile.  Hand out one sincere compliment a day.  Use the "Pay Forward" mentality to those I meet along the way.  Be a kinder, gentler person to my family.  If I could succeed in at least one of these endeavors I would be happy.  Wish me luck.  We'll see how long I last!

No comments: