Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

  The holiday season begins.  Today is the day of giving thanks for all things big and small...

  • I'm thankful I awoke this morning; at my age, who knows?
  • I'm grateful for my family and friends, even those that irritate me for they help me learn patience and acceptance.
  • I'm thankful that my friends have a short memory!
  • I appreciate the kindnesses that come my way.
  • I cherish Larry's love pats on my butt each and every day.
  • I'm grateful that I enjoy a comfortable retirement.
  • I prize my traveling adventures.
  • I'm thankful for good health, both mine and my hubby's.
  • I treasure my puppy, Max.
  • I'm grateful for the smiles of strangers.
  • I appreciate the friendship of my family; after all, they don't have to like me!
  • I'm happy that my new and untried asparagus dish turned out well for our Thanksgiving Dinner!
And the list could go on and on.   Happy Thanksgiving Day, everyone!

No comments: